What is Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) Advertising?
We all know the traditional Out-Of-Home as a form of outdoor advertising such as billboards and the like. With most marketing channels going digital, it only makes sense for OOH to take a step in the same direction.
So, what exactly is Digital Out of Home (DOOH) Advertising?
Taggbox.com defines it as “The integration of offline out-of-home advertising with digital elements.”
Large organisations targeting the mass market, who typically place billboards, will find they can run more engaging, eye-catching campaigns using DOOH and reach a broader audience through advertising in the township locations and taxi ranks. Plus, you can now stay informed as to how your ad is performing.
As per Statista, “Global spending on DOOH advertising is expected to increase to USD 15.9 billion by 2027. In 2019, the growth recorded was USD 6.7 billion.” Showing the shift from traditional outdoor, to a targeted digital approach.
Lemmatechnologies.com simplifies the difference between programmatic DOOH and traditional digital out of home as the way the media buying is transacted.
Traditional DOOH relies on direct sales with the media owners (house/screen) for prime spot bookings and aired accordingly. It is a more time-consuming process than programmatic.
Programmatic DOOH takes place through an automated real-time bidding system where it searches for the most relevant ad and displays it.
Benefits of DOOH
Whether you go with traditional or programmatic DOOH, there are multiple benefits to transform your outdoor advertising approach. The best is that DOOH has made outdoor advertising more affordable, so an organisation of any size, with any budget, can make use of it:
- Organisations can quickly change their marketing messaging to reflect any new strategies, products or prices within hours.
- You can advertise in remote areas like townships, taxi ranks and the like to reach broader audiences in affordable and more effective ways.
- Easily monitor, track, manage and display your brands content in real-time via programmatic DOOH.
- DOOH allows for more creativity as your campaigns can be interactive and engaging via a digital screen.
- As we mentioned above, DOOH is far more cost-effective and affordable for an organization of any size, as there are no printing or installation costs.
- Experience faster production times, so your campaigns can go live and be adjusted at any time. There is no need to wait for printing turnaround times.
- Use DOOH as another part of your omnichannel marketing approach. Again, broadening your reach and engaging with different target audiences through a channel in which they want to interact on.
DOOH has made outdoor advertising more accessible for brands as you can book it based upon the budget you have available. Call Adclick Africa to unlock your outdoor advertising potential using premium networks and a creative team to help develop and execute your digital billboard.